Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Enchilada Obsession

This is a recipe from my neighbor Jenna. Since I got it in August, I've made it for all my guests. It is soooo yummy and easy to make!

Jenna's White Chicken Enchiladas

1/2 stick of butter
1/4 c. flour
1/4 tsp garlic powder
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/4 tsp salt
1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
3/4 c. fat free sour cream
1 small can chopped green chiles
2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
~8 oz Colby Jack cheese, shredded
10 flour tortillas

Bake chicken breasts and chop into small chunks. Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Thoroughly mix in flour, garlic powder, pepper and salt. Add chicken broth and stir over medium heat until thickened and bubbly. Take off burner. Add sour cream, chiles, and chicken.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Shred cheese. Set aside some of the cheese for garnish. Divide remaining cheese among the tortillas. Roll up the cheese filled tortillas and place in ungreased 9x13 baking pan (seam down). Spread sauce over the tortillas evenly. Garnish with cheese. Bake in oven until bubbly. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Jenna said...

Wow I feel so famous!